Date: Saturday, May 27th 2023 @ 2.00 pm
Location: Blackrock Tower, Salthill.
All registered swimmers for the 2023 Galway Bay Swim are required to attend the swim trial.
- Registration will be from 1.15 pm at Blackrock Tower, Salthill, Galway.
- Solo swimmers must complete the 4 km open water swim time trial at Blackrock, Salthill in a time of under 95 minutes.
- All Relay team members must complete a 2 km swim in under 50 minutes.
- Swim tow floats are mandatory for the time trial.
- (Note: Overseas swimmers can complete a ‘verified’ qualifying swim and submit the Form on our website).
If there is a small craft warning in operation for Galway Bay or there are red beach guard flags, then the time trial will NOT go ahead. A final decision will be made by 6.00 pm on Friday evening prior to the trial and registered swimmers will be notified via the email address you registered with on Eventbrite.
A provisional second time trial date is set as follows in case of bad weather or for those unable to attend the first trial.
- Backup Time Trial – Saturday, June 10th, 2023 @ 2.00 pm
We strongly recommend that all swimmers attend the first time trial on Saturday, May 27th, 2023. Relay team captains, please notify your team members about the swim trial.