The mandatory swim briefing for ALL swimmers is as follows:
Harbour Hotel, The Docks, Galway.
18.00 – Meet and greet – collect your 2018 Galway Bay Swim T-Shirt
18.15 – Swimmer registration opens – confirmation of medical form, boat registration and fundraising for all swimmers
19.00 – Swim safety briefing and allocation of swimmers to their swim wave
19.30 – Pasta party
THE SWIMMER BRIEFING WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Safety information for swimmers.
- Allocation of your swim wave time on Saturday morning – note there are three swim waves.
- Departure times for the bus to the start line from the Salthill Hotel on Saturday morning.
- Chart of the course.
- Swim gates (buoys) and cut-off times for swimmers to reach these points.
- General advice on swimming alongside your boat.
Further details on Event Day Info including maps to the start and swim tips are available on our website: CLICK HERE
Further details will also be emailed to all swimmers 1 week before the swim.