The second and final time trial for this year’s Galway Bay Swim will take place as follows:
- Sunday, June 18th, 2017 @ 2.00pm
- Blackrock, Salthill, Galway
- Meeting and registration from 1.30pm at the grass area just outside the Blackrock changing area.
- Solo swimmers, 4km in a time of under 95 minutes.
- Relay team members, 2km swim in under 50 minutes.
- If you are planning on completing the Galway Bay Swim in togs, then you must complete the time trial in togs.
- The swim starts and finishes at Blackrock – enter and exit at the slipway ladder on your left on the way into Blackrock (as the area around the diving tower is usually very busy with swimmers).
- Solo swimmers will swim from Blackrock to Palmers Rock pier (with the lifeguard hut on top) – opposite Cocos Cafe and back twice.
- Relay team swimmers will swim from Blackrock to Palmers Rock Pier (opposite Cocos Cafe) and back once.
- While not mandatory, we do recommend the use of a swim safety buoy for the swim. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/orca-safety-buoy/
As the Galway Bay Swim is run by a volunteer committee, there are currently no plans to offer an additional swim trial date. If there are extenuating circumstances which mean that you cannot attend the final trial, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reason why you cannot attend. Our swim officer will then be in contact with you to make alternative arrangements.
Galway Bay Swim Committee